Sunday, December 22, 2019

How Do We Know That We Love God?

John 14:15
If you love me, keep my commandments.

Luke 6:46
Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do the things which I say?

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

John 14:21
The one who has my commandments and keeps them is the one who loves me. And the one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him, and will reveal myself to him.

1 John 2:3-6
3  And by this we know that we know Him, if we keep his commandments. 4  He that says, I know Him, and does not keep his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5  But whoever keeps his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: by this we know that we are in Him. 6  He that says he abides in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked.

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not burdensome.

1 Corinthians 7:19
Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Galatians 5:6
For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision avails anything, nor uncircumcision; but faith working through love.

1 Jonh 4:20-21
20 If anyone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21 This commandment we have from Him, that he who loves God should also love his brother.


See also:
 

How Do You Love God with All Your Heart, Mind, Soul and Strength?








Total Dedication To God Versus The Sinless Perfection Straw Man Argument









No comments:

Post a Comment