Wednesday, May 6, 2020

The Great Tribulation

"The Great Tribulation" is a deceitful concept inasmuch as it is made to line up with the false teaching of a pre-tribulation rapture of believers that will leave unbelievers bewildered as they themselves face that "Great Tribulation."

There will be a time of tribulation for followers of Jesus that will be like never before for sure. That's what Jesus said (Matthew 24:21). But tribulation is guaranteed in this world from day one of being a disciple of Jesus. Jesus spoke these words to his disciples: “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).

So, an experience of no acquaintance with tribulation coupled with an expectation of necessarily escaping a future time of great tribulation is to be carefully examined by any person professing to be a Christian (2 Corinthians 13:5). A follower of Jesus will partake in his sufferings (1 Peter 4:12-14, 2 Timothy 3:12, 2 Thessalonians 1:3-7). If that’s not happening, he/she should cry out to God to find out what’s wrong.


Christians have to overcome the world like Jesus overcame the world. That ought to be their focus rather than escaping great tribulation because they fear it:
2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.


Revelation
2:7b
To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
2:11b
He that overcomes shall not be hurt of the second death.
2:17b
To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knows except he that receives it.
2:26-28
26 And he that overcomes, and keeps my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. 28 And I will give him the morning star.
3:5
He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
3:12
Him that overcomes will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
3:21
To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.


1 John 5:4
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world-- our faith.

Revelation 2:7b, 2:11b, 2:17b, 2:26-28, 3:5, 3:12, 3:21, 1 John 5:4.

Concerning the tribulation that will precede the 2nd coming of Jesus, He told this to his followers:
Luke 21:36
Watch therefore, and pray always, that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
 
Does escaping all these things mean being raptured out the earth to not have to face them, or not being overcome by them/being kept safe through them¹ 
(serious question)? Study, pray, fast, and get clear answers from God. Don't be satisfied to follow a man/woman and what he/she has understood. Do not lean on your own understanding either, and by all means, be ready to stand before the Son of man.

1. cf. John 17:15, 2 Thessalonians 3:3, Revelation 3:10


See also:
Trials and Tribulations

Trust Check (scriptures to strengthen your trust in God) (YouTube video)

Coming of Jesus (Bible Study)

Tribulation Saints (Bible Study)   

The Mark of the Beast - No Forced Worship

The Man of Sin or Antichrist

Difference Between the Wrath of God and the Great Tribulation

The Gospel Is Not "Don't Take the Mark of the Beast." It's "Repent."



Original picture by EliasSch on Pixabay.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment